Black Friday sales are coming!! Are you as excited as I am? I cannot believe it’s that time of year already and despite all the craziness, it is my favourite season. Between spending Thanksgiving with my family in California to Christmas at home with my family, there’s always so much to look forward to. And of course, the sales! Last year, I posted every day on my YouTube channel for the craziness that is Black Friday week and I’m going to try and do the same this year, schedules permitting.
Black Friday Sale 2017 Information
Black Friday is on Friday 24th November 2017 this year and every year seems to be getting bigger and crazier for shopping! For many stores, there is a full week of deals, starting on Monday 20th November. I will be updating my blog with the latest discount codes for the best Black Friday deals around so stay tuned: I’ll begin the updates as soon as I hear about them and will keep the pages updated throughout the week. For now though, I thought I would share my best Black Friday shopping tips on how to maximise your savings and plan strategically so that you score the best deals 🙂
Black Friday Shopping Tips
- Start planning your wishlist of items now and put off any big purchases until Black Friday if you can.
- Keep in mind that a lot of Black Friday deals actually start on the Monday – this year, that’ll be Monday 20th November. I know plenty of mainstream stores that don’t differ their discounts from the Monday to the Friday so it’s worth keeping your eyes peeled for the chance to shop your favourite stores’ sale whilst they’re still fully stocked!
- Know which stores offer price adjustments. Some stores honour price adjustments during Black Friday and others don’t – it’s worth knowing your favourite stores’ policies. If they’re favourable, you can jump at the first discounts offered with the knowledge that if there are steeper discounts, you won’t lose out.
- Start wishlists with your favourite stores. The majority of online stores now offer virtual wishlists where you can save the items you have your eye on. Not only is this a convenient way to keep track of everything you’d like but they also often notify you when those items go on sale.
- Too soon to start thinking about Christmas? Never! I like to keep a spreadsheet of all my gift ideas for everyone (yup, I’m that person) as early as the summer. Whenever I hear them mention an item, I note it down – if you start now then you won’t be scrambling for ideas when Black Friday week hits and you’ll have the best chance of getting them great gifts they’ll love at even better prices 🙂
- Don’t just think fashion when it comes to Black Friday – it’s a great time to get electronics and other household items at amazing discounts. Amazon for one always does an incredible Black Friday sale and many department stores and electronics stores often follow suit.
- Pace yourself! Don’t forget about Cyber Monday – some of the deals will run all weekend from Black Friday right through to Monday 27th November (i.e. Cyber Monday) but some deals will exclusively run on the Monday.
- But don’t wait too long! That said, a lot of the good stock will be gone after a long weekend of national shopping, so if there are items on your wishlist, best to grab them sooner rather than later!
Best Black Friday Deals
Last year’s Black Friday deals were one of the best yet and 2017 is promising to be even better. Almost all of my favourite stores had major sales but some went above and beyond with incredible deals. Here is my list of stores to keep an eye on this year:
I’ll be sure to update this page as I hear more so keep checking back and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel for video coverage of the best deals!
One of my Black Friday videos from last year:
I hope you found this useful and thank you for stopping by!