This post officially kicks off my wedding series and I could not be more excited! The plan is to have a wedding post every week on the blog on Wednesdays (hence Wedding Wednesdays!) and then do a wedding planning video over on my YouTube channel once every three to four weeks. I don’t want to inundate people on my channel with wedding stuff as I am aware it won’t be for everyone.
I hope to cover every kind of topic on here from decor to dresses to budgeting for the big day! I already have a ton of ideas from the best nail polish shades to show off your engagement ring to ideas on how to save money without sacrificing style. If you have anything you’d like to see in particular though, let me know! I always love to hear suggestions 🙂
To kick off, I thought I would detail what I’ve done so far to kick off the planning process:
- Got my ring insured (quick tip – shop around. I saved £200 off my first quote so it’s definitely worthwhile!)
- Discussed budget and budget allocation – not so fun but very necessary.
- Bought a wedding planner. I went for this adorable Kate Spade one but I think I’m going to try out an agenda based one too that’s a bit more portable than my current LV one.
- Booked venue show-arounds. Our first one is in May!
- Started pinning away on Pinterest! (I’ve been going a little nuts.)
- Started scouting for photographers and asking for pricing. I quickly found out that my dream photographer is way out of budget. Sad, but good to know sooner rather than later.
- Got inspired! Apart from Pinterest, I’ve bought a wedding magazine, two wedding books and so many episodes of Say Yes to The Dress!
- Booked my first bridal appointment. It’s at Nordstrom (where else!?) and I could not be more excited!
- Bought Dan an engagement gift. Not so traditional I know but I wanted to do something and I knew there was a particular item he really wanted so I decided to go for it. I’m all about making your own rules and traditions and I can’t wait to give it to him!
Phew! I’ve tried to cram in as much as possible as I leave for the US in a day and I wanted to be able to relax on holiday knowing that I already have had a jump start on the planning. I know some couples take two full years to plan a wedding but we really want to try and do it for summer 2018 so I knew I needed to get a move on!
If any of you are also getting married or are already married, please let me know if you have any planning tips! I plan events for my job but I feel like this is something else altogether!
Thank you so much for stopping by for this first Wedding Wednesday!
P.S. For those of you waiting for my next video, I hope to get it up soon! I have three (!!) waiting to be edited but it’s been the craziest week between work and trying to get ready for my holiday 🙂